Are you interested in hunting but not keen on the idea of using a gun? Archery may be the option for you! No matter if you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, we at Irby Street Sporting Goods have what you need. Below are some tips for archery beginners. Of course, you are always welcome to come visit us and speak to Todd Stewart, our Archery Specialist. Happy hunting!
1. Understand that archery is for bird (turkey) and deer hunting.
2. When selecting your bow, go for what suits you best. Sure, the newest model on the market may look cool, but it may not be comfortable for you to use. As a beginner, it may be best to select something easy to operate until bow hunting becomes more of a second nature to you.
3. Your bow needs a draw weight of at least 50 pounds; your arrow should be at least 900 grains.
4. Know hunting restrictions and when your preferred game season begins and ends.
5. Practice makes perfect. Don’t be afraid to test out your bow before hitting the hunting stands. Use a variety of angels and standing positions. You want to be comfortable and safe when using the bow, so wear your hunting attire when practicing to get a feel of what you’ll experience when the big day arrives. Be mindful of how far you can shoot.
6. Remember, Todd Stewart is available to assist you with any needs you may have involving archery. Feel free to visit anytime!